Thursday, January 16, 2014

I've been having a love affair with black and white.

Maybe you've noticed... I've been posting a lot of black and white as of late. Do you want to know why? It's not because I don't like color. In fact lately, I've finally been getting the kind of color in my photography that I've been looking for and I've been pretty happy with the results! It's just that I finish brightening up favorite shots like this one...

portrait
...and I'm happy! His skin is perfect baby pink, the whites are bright, but contrast well with his and his mama's dark hair...I'm just happy, in general. I'm perfectly content with the outcome.

And then I turn it black and white.
portrait
BAM. All the sudden little Ronan is a child model from the fifties, he can play outside after dark and walk to the grocery store for his mama from five years old because the world is just that safe and every picture taken turns out flawless in its flat contrast and perfect imperfections.

Maybe I'm just a photographer stuck in the wrong era.

Anyway. Remember this kid and his gorgeous mama? Those eyes. portrait
portrait
portrait
portrait

2 comments:

  1. I completely understand what you mean about black and white. He's so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point! I shy away from black and white when I'm processing, but it's just a great look. Time to get out of my own box; thanks for the push!

    And the pix are wonderful! That little guy and his sweet Momma are obviously in love...

    ReplyDelete