Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I'm not big on resolutions.

I mean I can't even keep my hair the same color from month to month!  Who knows if what I want now is what I'll want then?  I think I'm just too much of a drifter for long term planning.  In the past I've set the normal lofty yearly goals, (1. Get married and have three babies, 2. Cook a healthy meal six days a week, 3. Get tan)  and in the end, either a month later I realize that I don't really want three babies, or at the end of the year I sit down with my list and hate myself a little more because I ate out regularly two (or three or four) times a week and I'm still white as white can be.  It's discouraging and I've really grown to loathe the tradition.  However.  I have been sick sick sick for the last three days and today I finally woke up feeling better.  The house has been a wreck for a week, but we either had a visit from Giselle or my super-amazing boyfriend stayed up late last night to get this place sparkling again.  And, this blog that I've been contemplating little details on for the last month has finally reached a point that I feel okay about sharing with you.

All in all, it's a pretty perfect day for a fresh start.  Makes it just feel wrong to not make some kind of a start-the-year-out-on-the-right-foot kind of list.  So although this year I don't resolve a damn thing...

I do plan on smiling a little more.  And I think I'll try talking to strangers more regularly - see if I can build up some potential friendships.  I'm going to give Levi less of a hard time, and I'm going to express my gratitude to those that love me more fully.  I'm just going to be better, be happier, and make sure I keep moving forward in this life that I've grown to love so fully.
portrait

And eat more vegetables, and read more books, and take more pictures and blog consistently - but you didn't hear that from me!

portrait

5 comments:

  1. I love your makeup.....and your hair. The color is perfect. This will be a fun blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love your new blog. Love your hair too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up girl - I agree with Gramma Suey, this will be a fun blog!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing!! You are sooo cute! I am a total drifter too . . . trying to come up with more realistic goals this year. . . wish me luck, I'm gonna need it! ha ha ~Clarissa

    ReplyDelete