Sunday, January 12, 2014

Guys. This girls laugh is infectious.

portrait
Hi! Meet Brooke and Cory. AKA: The Cutest Couple In The World.

I'm not kidding when I say these two just never stop laughing.  They obviously adore each other.  And I adore them. It's like some weird laughing love triangle when we're together. (Right now they're probably cringing in their computer chairs and making a mental note to never be within five square miles of me again.) It's cool.

Do you want a side story with today's post?

So this morning, I'm busy taking pictures of these two. This picture, in fact.
(Bonus preview! You're welcome.)
portrait
As I'm shooting, I set my keys and my lens cap down on the ground just a few yards away. And I snap snap snap away. We're setting up the perfect shot when these two boys walk by, young, no more than 10 years old. We laugh a little because apparently posing in front of an audience is not Cory's thing, but we don't think much of it and carry on our merry ways. Snap snap snap. Snap snap snap.  I finally get the perfect angle and am satisfied, so I walk on a bit and reach down to grab my keys and my lens cap. There's the lens cap - but no keys. We search high and low. Did I set them on the wall? Did I leave them at the last location? My mind was reeling wondering what I would've done with them, but inside I KNOW I wouldn't have put them anywhere but right next to my lens cap. It's just what I do. Finally, Brooke wonders out loud about those two boys who had walked by earlier. Since that seems to be the only possibility left, we look up the street to see if we can find them. For whatever reason, they seem to be walking back this way, lingering up toward the parking lot a ways off. We told Cory to puff up his chest and we all walk towards them. Once we reach them, we asked if they had seen some keys laying on the ground when they walked by earlier. I think they were trying to pretend like they didn't understand, but sure enough, I look down and one of them has his fist balled up around a keychain and there's my teale Sharpie sticking out between his fingers. He didn't put up much of a fuss, really. I grabbed them straight out of his hands and he nervously explained he "had a keychain that looked just like that one..." Right.

Moral of the story? When I show up to your photoshoot wearing a fanny pack, don't laugh too hard. It's for good reason!
portrait

2 comments:

  1. If you're wearing a fanny pack I'll assume they're back in style...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha!! Mom!! That's awesome - true and awesome. We all know that if Ami is wearing something, it is in style - or will be soon!!
    That's awful about the almost theft of your keys (and car)! People these days! I swear. . .

    ReplyDelete